On a Mantel
You can use ribbon, rope or twine. Attach the it with Command hooks or thumbtacks. If you're adding mini bottles to the bags, you might want to secure it in the middle too. Make two rows for a casual look or line them up evenly for a more classic look. We mixed up the numbers so that as bags are removed, everything is still evenly spaced rather than have one side be bare halfway through the month.
On the Stairs
Take ribbon and loop it around the banister. Tie it at the bottom and the top to secure it. Our banister is double-sided so we alternated sides and put half of the bags on the outside and half on the stairs side. If your banister is attached to the wall, loop the ribbon 25 times so that you have a loop for each bag.
Around a Doorway
You might not have a mantel or stairs, but I bet you have a doorway. We put a piece of ribbon around the molding of the doorway and tacked it in the corners. We didn't have clear thumbtacks, and we were too cheap and lazy to buy them, so we just tied little bows over them to hide them. If you don't have ribbon or clothespins, you can just tape the bags to the doorway.
In a Beverage Tub
This is a fun way to gift the Advent Calendar Kit: Classic Cocktails. You can add the coasters to the bags and fill up a cooler or a beverage tub. If you have extra room in the tub (and your budget), throw in bottles of gin, vodka, bourbon, tequila and rum (don't forget that the kit comes with a complete shopping list).
Check out our Instagram for more ideas.
Celebrate every day,
My Heart Beats Advent Calendar Kit: Classic Cocktails is the most you'll have counting down the days to Christmas.The kit includes 25 classic cocktail recipes printed on paper coasters, 25 paper bags, 25 number stickers and a shopping list of the ingredients to make all of the recipes.
Once you get your kit, you can gift it as is or put it together to enjoy for yourself. If you put it together, you can either simply pop a coaster in each bag or add a mini liquor bottle to the bag before sealing it with a number sticker. Then you can put it on display as you countdown the days until Christmas.
Here are some ideas for how to display your calendar.
A Cardboard Tray
1. You can line the bags up in a box or cardboard tray. Stores like Costco often have these at the checkout station. You can also use a soda case. Wrap it with wrapping paper or tie a big ribbon around it if you can't find a plain one.
2. You can pile them in a basket. Switch to a smaller basket halfway through the month as you empty it.
A Wall or a Door
3. If your front door is metal, it is magnetic. We used small magnets to put up this tree. You could also use tape or Command strips on a wall. Painters' tape comes in a festive green.
4. Another door idea is to take ribbon or string and wrap it around the door. Start above the top hinge to use it as an anchor. If you pick a closet door, you'll be able to easily hide the back.
5. Make an Advent tree. Hang the bags as ornaments on your tree. We put the bags on the tree randomly rather than in order so that as the month progresses, there won't be bare spots.
6. Use a tiered display for your calendar. It can be the centerpiece of your table or put it on your bar.
Celebrate every day,
My Heart Beats is excited to announce the release of its first Advent Calendar. You will definitely get into the Christmas spirit as you use this Advent Calendar to countdown the days until December 25.
We had a lot of fun creating this. All the recipes are tried and true. And believe me, we tried some of them over and over again.
The Advent Calendar Kit: Classic Cocktails contains 25 different cocktail recipes printed on paper coasters. It also contains 25 paper bags and 25 numbered stickers, and it includes a shopping list of the ingredients required to make all of the recipes.
You can make the calendar as simple or as elaborate as you like. Put a coaster into a bag and seal it with a sticker. Open a bag a day and make the recipe to toast the season. Add a mini liquor bottle into the bag so that you have a start on the ingredients. Or use the shopping list to stock your bar with everything you need so that you're all set.
Keep the coasters for future events or use them as party favors. In fact, you can get a set of the coasters without getting all of the Advent Calendar Kit. The coasters are printed on extra thick card stock.
There are five different gin, vodka, rum, bourbon and tequila recipes. Each drink uses only one liquor. They are simple and classic recipes that anyone can make. You probably have most of the ingredients to finish off the recipes in your pantry, and if not, they are all easy to find.
- Gin and Tonic
- Tom Collins
- London Mule
- French 75
- Moscow Mule
- Salty Dog
- Bay Breeze
- Bloody Mary
- Cuba Libre
- Rum Punch
- Caribbean Mule
- Old Fashioned
- Hot Toddy
- Kentucky Mule
- Mint Julep
- Whiskey Sour
- Mexican Mule
- Skinny Margarita
- Juan Collins
- Tequila Sunset
Celebrate every day,